Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

We just recently returned from our Christmas vacation to California and Arizona. I finally felt like I had time to update the blog but then we got the flu!! So fun! So now, I am really ready to update. Are you ready for a long one?
Before we even left for vacation we had a little Christmas party/play date. Some friends came over with their kids and we played, ate christmas food, and then the kids made some candy necklaces and colored some wooden ornaments. It was fun and here are a few pictures of that day. My favorite picture is first!! Jaxon and Kailyn giving kisses!!! Britton and Jaxon Brayden


We left the 19th of Dec and returned the 5th of January-talk about a break!!! We were thankful for it!! We first flew to California and were there for Christmas. One night we went to look at Christmas lights, which Kailyn loved!! She loved seeing them here in TN but since we live in a very small and spread out area, there aren't a whole lot to see. Jovie (in stroller), Tamsyn, Jeremy, Kailyn, Papi, Nonnie, Katie
After we saw the lights we were introduced to a beautiful thing called Yo Yum Yum Yogurt!! It was very good and very fun. A Yogurt place where you choose your flavor yogurt, you put as much yogurt in as you want and then you put whatever toppings on that you want and you are charged by the ounce. It was beautiful! My dad (papi) also found a cart that had a car in front and was giving Kailyn a ride and she just happened to continually bump into everything, at first she seemed nervous, but ended up loving the crashing.


Here are Kailyn and Jovie in their Christmases dresses. So Cute!

Here are some pictures from Christmas morning.

Mom, Grandpa, Joey, Mindy, Katie

Bruce, Kailyn, Oskar, Penelope, Jovie

We drove to Arizona where we went to the Mesa Temple Christmas lights with some friends that I haven't seen in awhile. It was great to see them and spend time with them. Kailyn took to their girls very quickly and had a lot of fun! I even ran into a sister missionary who went on splits with me when I was a missionary and served in her Ward. It was great to see her but I don't have a picture because my camera died on me. I was so mad about that!!!

Us and 2 Monroe families
Maddie,Cort,Michelle, Ashlyn, Clay, Kailyn, Jeremy,
Kate, Cortney, Paige, Ainsley, Beth, Jovie, and Tamsyn

All the girls, minus 2!!! Paige, Maddie, Cortney, Kate, Ashlyn, and Kailyn
We took Kailyn to the snow
Landon, Kailyn, Charleigh

She didn't really like it.

We went to a New Years Eve party, it was pretty fun! Kailyn liked the dangly things in the doorway
I got a chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins for my birthday!!
The last word on the cake said Jeremy. I think Joanne Ballard is the only other person that is in on that inside joke...anyway. It's the BIG 30 Baby!!! Bring on the best year of my life!!! Whoop de Whoop, what!? And now that I have finished the longest post in the history of blogs I will sign off but first I will let you know that I am impressed with anyone who lasted through this whole thing!

2 comments:

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

Looks like you had a great holiday. Congradulations on 30! Wow! I can't wait to get there. We love your family and hope to get to be better friends!

Jenni said...

I havent even read it yet..just looked at the fabulous pictures..just wanted to say...
ITS ABOUT DANG TIME WOMEN! haha. what am I going to do when you move away and dont update your blog?! get on it sister! haha. Hugs from this side of the tunnel!Now Ill read the post:)