Today we went to a Southern Baptist group baptism
with some friends of ours. We went to support our
friends Jeff and Lorraine and their son Jesse but
Jeremy and I were also interested in the the
experience and boy was it! It was so different
from anything we have been to before and certain
parts were definitely from the movie "O Brother
Where Art Thou?" We met at a creek, which was
really pretty. There was singing and praying but the
most interesting (we had to try not to laugh parts
because we are not used to it) was when the preacher
started preaching, he was really into it (which we knew
he would be) his face was red, he was jumping, sweating,
and very loud with an intermittent barking sound.
He walked around while preaching and shook some
people's hands, one of which was Jeremy's. We were
standing with Lorraine, and her mother in-law Johnnie.
I could tell that Kailyn was a little nervous as the preacher
walked closer to us. Jeremy and I were standing in front
of the stroller in order to make her feel less afraid, but
after the preacher walked by Kailyn slowly got out of the
stroller and walked behind Jeremy and asked if he would
hold her. He picked her up and the preacher came back
by and Kailyn said with a nervous look on her face,"I want
to go to another church." We all just busted up laughing,
which was okay because the preacher was so loud that no
one else could hear us. It was classic. Kids do say the
darnedest things and how cute they are! It was an
interesting experience and fun to see how the Baptists
do their thing. But Kailyn's words and timing will always make us laugh.
Jeremy, Kailyn, Raegan, Jeff
Waiting for the Baptism to start.
Beautiful Raegan
Jesse, the man of the hour



5 comments:
Too funny:-) CONGRATULATIONS on the baby news!! Do you know what you are having yet???
that is so sweet you went to support the Englands. your such a great person Tamsyn!
How fun!!!
I agree with Jenn... You are a great person,
And also a great friend!!!
Sounds like an fun/interesting experience.
I LOVE the new picture at the head of your blog.
Ahh thanks for the blog Tamsyn. I appreciate you guys being there for Jesse and our family. It meant alot to have you guys there. Definitely a unique experience. Hopefully this little bump in the road of our life will pass us by sooner than later. Fridays another big day for us to share that "great bread". So much fun I tell ya.
Post a Comment