Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

I was checking the Blogs tonight and looked at my friend Shari's, who had this great tribute to veterans, namely her grandpa. It was very touching. I have always been very patriotic. I love the 4th of July! I cry just about every time the National Anthem is sung. I take pride in the fact that my husband is in the Air Force. And with all the crazy things that are going on right now I was very touched by the following quote that I copied from Shari's Blog. That quote is by Harold B. Lee. Hopefully anyone who reads this will be touched or inspired one way or another like I was. Happy Veterans Day!!!

"Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail. This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of the new Jerusalem. This is the place that the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail. I have faith in America ; you and I must have faith in America , if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges.

I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through." -Harold B. Lee

(Ye Are the Light of the World, 350-51)

1 comments:

chchoo said...

Great pic on your banner! And congrats on your pregnancy!