Thursday, February 5, 2009

Aunt Kathy

My Aunt Kathy passed away early Tuesday morning, February 3rd. It started with Cervical cancer and it went fast. I know that we are all glad that she is no longer in pain but she will be dearly missed.
Aunt Kathy is someone who everyone that was a part of her life looks up to. She was always a stalwart example of love, encouragement, and integrity. She always accomplished what she set out to do. She made everyone feel like they were #1 and I believe it was because she thought they were. Words cannot express how amazing she is. We always looked forward to seeing her because she was just that kind of person. She is a spiritual giant and her testimony never waivered although she came head on with some very hard trials in her life. She taught us how to play Nertz(i will always be thankful for that:) and we played it many times at Grandma Andreason's during Family Reunions. She was always supportive, showing up for mission farewells, homecomings, weddings, etc. I will always look up to her and try to be like her. I know that she is where Heavenly Father needs her and we will always remember how great she is and her life here on Earth. We love you Aunt Kathy!!!

3 comments:

Finkleas said...

sorry to hear that!!! and we were just talking about her

Trenda said...

I still can't wrap my brain about the fact that she is gone. It all happened so fast. I am so glad she is out of pain, but will miss her so much. Are you able to come out for the funeral? If so, it will be good to see you.

NNA said...

It's cool to see others that know about Nertz. You should definitely check out playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information, videos, and photos there AND you can play Nertz on-line for free. I recommend it to all Nertz players! So cool. =)